Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Adventure

Wow...Look at me!  I'm so excited to be part of the wonderful world of having an "online journal!" Why am I creating this?  Good question.  I have had so much on my mind lately...and have had several realizations recently, that I figured I'd share them.  Now, I'm not talking about ground breaking realizations, just little personal tid-bits that help me through this crazy ride we call LIFE!

So, here we go. I'm jumping right in! 

Last week, while I was studying my lesson for Sunday School...I was subbing for 9th & 10th grade girls (kinda scary!!).. I ran across this Bible verse. "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry" James 1:19.  Ok, you may have heard this a million times like myself.  Considering where my mind was at & things that were going through my head, it hit me like a ton of bricks!  But there was something about THAT verse I needed to hear...THAT particular day...at THAT particular moment! The Lord can lay things on our heart & work on our minds..no matter where we are!  I must say that I was pretty cozy in my little bed!  (ha) 

I was so excited, not because I READ the words, but because I FELT them!  I was sure to share that with my sweet girls...they weren't nearly as excited as I was...but Wow!  What a great feeling!  Maybe one of you will be able to learn from that, too!

So, here we are...A NEW YEAR, A NEW ADVENTURE!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so excited you are here!!!

    PS - does that grass blow in the wind like the grass on your droid? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..I was wondering why that grass looked familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kayla!! i found your blog off of Megans! Soo happy you are a blogger now! Can't wait to read more.
    love,
    Katy Roberts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how HE can speak to you at the right moments! :)

    ReplyDelete