Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Forever Friends

Look at me...posting 2 days in a row!  Wow!  Let's see how long I keep this up!  Today, I have had friendships on my mind. I can think of a time period, and a name of someone special comes to mind. Thinking about friends I grew up with, high school friends, college friends, post college friends...and the list continues. I am proud to say that I have the greatest friends EVER!  Donny has the hardest job any of them...with Ardra, Mindy, Megan K. & Misty M. coming in a close 2nd!  (What is it with me & friends that start with M? lol) They make me laugh & build me up, but listen to me cry & complain!  What else could a girl need?

Over the past few years, I have lost several young people that have touched my life in some way.  I will never forget playing dress up, taking our version of "glamour shots" & answering the childhood question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" with Pammie.   I will always see Sarah Sheffield & Michael Piatt sitting there at FBC Dayton any given Sunday in my memories.  The many ski trips on the good ole' charter bus to Colorado will always put a smile on my face with them, also.  All three were so young, full of life, with so much to look forward to in the future. 

I talk about those memories to say this...Life is way to short for little spats, girl fights, & down right meanness.  I want nothing more than to put every hurtful thing I have SAID or DONE...to anyone ...and put it in a bottle and throw it away!  The good news...FORGIVENESS!  That is exactly what forgiveness does!  

3 comments:

  1. I think of that verse (and I totally don't know where it's found).... "and He takes your sins and buries them in the depths of the ocean".

    I envision myself sitting at the table in Sunday School... back when I was like 5 years old. And my teacher was talking about the forgiveness of Jesus and how He buries it deep into the ocean never to pull it back up again.

    :)

    Wonderful thing - when we are immersed into a relationship with Him we can extend that same forgiveness to others! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts (both of them, Miss Twodaysinarow!) are so uplifting. Thanks for sharing the positive! :)

    I totally wish I could take back some of those mean moments in the past. It's not like we were bad kids, but man, I can't believe some of the things I said or did! I'm so very thankful for His forgiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Kay~! I think you should keep on posting!! It's great! You are such a good writer. I agree...no drama! We are all grown up! :) I wish everyone would grow up and realize it like us! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete