Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dancin' in the Rain

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you had an awesome day!  Well, here in East Texas, actually in this thriving metropolis I call home, Elysian Fields, we had a heck of a storm.  Not just a rain storm, but a THUNDERSTORM!  If you have ever been to my house, you were probably greeted by a free spirited, happy, tail-waggin' little pup, Chico.  He's crazy & very misunderstood...and most importantly...HATES THUNDER!

Chico sure made me think long & hard today.  You know how I said he doesn't like thunder?  It actually makes him go crazy.  He was jumping from couch to couch...then on the floor barking at the window, then back on the couch, on top of the coffee table, then in my lap growling & barking & carrying on.  I tried to console him, hold him, & tell him that its just thunder, but he wouldn't listen...and yes I understand that he's a dog.  

Let me back track for a moment.  We are doing a bible study on Jonah, Navigating a Life Interrupted, by Priscilla Shirer, and this week our lessons were about running from God.  When you know God is speaking to you, but you duck and run the other direction..like Jonah.  When Chico was out of control, I dawned on me how we are all like Chico. We get caught up in what we think is "just a horrible situation" and go crazy, yelling & acting a fool.  And there I was trying to calm him down, just like the Lord tries to calm us down.  He is here to hold us, hug us, and show us the truth.  So, I'm praying that when you have an "interrupted life," this week, you look at it like Priscilla taught us...A DIVINE INTERVENTION! 

No comments:

Post a Comment