Sunday, February 20, 2011

Great-Time-Get-Away

I know I've said before, but last Monday was our 2nd wedding anniversary.  We are trying to save mucho dinero, so we decided to head east, just about 25 miles away from home to have a date night.  Although Donny & I have a date night every Thursday night, this date night was a little different. 

On Thursdays, we don't cook, its a "left over" kind of night, and we just relax & watch recorded tv shows that we've missed throughout the week.  Donny actually took it upon himself to make reservations at this super cute hotel & we spent the night!  Even though we were so close to home, it felt good to get away.  I told Donny that I felt bad leaving Lola & Chico and his response was, "Babe, we need to get away...we need a break!"  Its funny that we talk about them like they are our kiddos....

After we checked in to the hotel we headed over to the Boardwalk in Bossier.  The Boardwalk was packed!  People were everywhere.  Dinner at Saltgrass was amazing...even with the 45 minute wait at 4:30! Neither one of us had ever been to the movies down there, so we decided to check it out.  We had a great time!!
This is our official 2nd Anniversary picture.  Aren't we cute!!  Haha...

You know, it is good to go somewhere alone, even if it is only 25 miles away! 

So now, its back to the grind...I have big ideas of what this week is going to be like.  Megan, Molly and I are hitting the road hard tomorrow after work.  We are training for a 5K in March, a 10K in April ( I think) & a half marathon in October (I think..)  So we shall see how this works out! 

Happy week bloggy friends!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Anniversary!
    ohhh how i wish i could train with you guys! Once this baby gets here hopefully I can find some time to hit the road! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you rockin' that Miley shirt!! Get it, girl!!! Glad you and Donny had a good time!

    So pumped (mentally) about training for all these runs!!

    ReplyDelete