Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's New

What's new...Well, honestly, this past month has been a whirl wind!

For starters...my niece, Brie, had her very, very 1st birthday!  I can't believe that she's already 1! Isn't she just so cute & tiny!! This is Brie checking out her cake...
Big brother, Ty!  He's so proud of his sister! 
 She wasn't diggin' the icing on her fingers.  Ugh...get it off!!
This..was.... by far.. Brie's favorite present!  Uncle Stebo & Kim did AWESOME!!

The same weekend of Brie's party was Feminar.  Feminar is a ministry of Macedonia Baptist Church dedicated strictly to women.  How fun is that!  And I'll tell ya, there was alot of estrogen flowin' in The Belcher Center.

Here's a little recap of this years Feminar that I sent in to Branches, IBC womens publication:


One word to describe this years Feminar - AMAZING!! I sincerly enjoy studying the Word of God with my all time favorite, genuine, speaker/blogger, Lysa TerKeurst. BUT, in this season of my life, Lori Salierno spoke directly to my heart! I haven't felt tugs LIKE THAT on my little heart strings in quite sometime. She reminded me that when we "run the race of faith" we are armed with freedom, confidence, & power. I felt like she was speaking directly to me, saying "Kayla, be confident! Be confident! Be confident!" It doesn't matter what SIZE my favorite jeans are, or how BIG my new, super cute shirt is..I am His! We are running the race for an audience of ONE. In difficult times, when we think that our world is closing in around us, we are to be reminded that Christ will not let us get destroyed. We may feel the pressure, but with our focus on Christ, we WILL NOT crack! That truth is so exciting! Like Lysa says, some days just a one verse day...and this is the truth that caught my attention during Feminar... "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

It was a great time!!

So, with that in mind...I'm going to focus on running the RACE...ALL THE RACES THAT WE RUN...The race of FAITH, the race of LIFE, and literally the 5K race this coming weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoop Whoop!! Cant' wait!

    (although, that's suuuuuuuuper early chick... have you thought about that)

    Love!

    ReplyDelete