Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The LOVE of my LIFE!

Well, the time is NEAR...like REALLY, REALLY NEAR!!  We have a full term baby, turned 37 weeks last Saturday.  I have all my appointments on Tuesdays, which ment I saw her on Valentines Day, which is also our 3rd anniversary!  I'm sad to say that this is the first year Donny & I didn't take a picture together...kinda sad!

But, we did get some news yesterday.  My blood pressure is up, and I have excessive swelling in my feet, ankles & legs.  I'm no longer allowed to work. She said I need to rest....rest....rest. I am dilated to a 2.  whoo hoo. This is kinda graphic, but I have to save my urine for 24 hours, then take it back to the lab.  They are testing for protien, which is an indicator for preeclampsia.  She never actually came out & said it...she knows a freaked out new mom when she sees one!  :)  They put me on a fetal monitor to make sure Laney was doing ok.  Dr. Dean said she was great!  She is one tough cookie!  They should have all the results by Friday, so I go back then.  They are also going to do a sonogram to get an estimate on her weight.  We will know more details on Friday...like if they are going to go ahead & induce or let me ride this out.  Eeeeekkk!!!

Like I said, yesterday was our 3rd anniversary.  Donny made us reservations at Ernests Orleans in Shreveport & my dr said to enjoy our night...So we did! 

Today is my first day at home...and Donny has been such a great support person!  He went grocery shopping this morning, stopped by the pharmacy & brought home a ton of stuff for easy cooking!  He's so great!! 

I will try to keep everyone posted on any new developments!!  :)

1 comment: