Monday, April 18, 2011

Little Girl's Dream



There is dream that most little girls share.  They pretend to be the princess bride. The bride that has all of her favorite stuffed animals lined up to be the best bridal party ever! The bride that has the most beautiful sheet from her mommas linen closet as her veil.

No matter how much money my daddy tried to pay me to just..."go get married at the Courthouse"...I couldn't do it!  I still had this little girl dream of a wedding in my mind!!  Two years later I think...man that $$$$ sure sounds nice now..  just kidding!!  I wouldn't trade our wedding day for anything! It makes Valentines Day just that much more special.

Today, I had the most precious 9 year old girl in my chair at work.  I gave her the remote to change the channel on the tv in my operatory, thinking it would soon be on Nickelodeon, or the Disney Channel.  I was quite surprised when I looked up to see TLC's Say Yes to the Dress.  She was so excited to see the beautiful women in wedding dresses, parading in front of their entourages.  She was smiling & so into the show, that she didn't hear me at first when I asked if she watched it at home.  Her response was, "Oh yes, I love it.  Do you like dresses? Are you married?  Did you have a beautiful wedding dress like these girls? How long ago did you get married? Did you have wedding? I can't wait to get married one day."

I love the innocence of a little girl's dream....

1 comment:

  1. And there in is the proof that every girl has the desire to be called beautiful and loved!

    ReplyDelete