Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Time Flies When You Are...

Most people finish this phrase with...having fun.  I'm officially changing this to ...growing a baby!  :)  We are already 27 weeks along, with only 13 to go.  I'm so afraid that with Thanksgiving & Christmas being right around the corner, time is going to continue to fly!  I want to be able to savor the moment and enjoy our last holiday season before we add another family member.

I am very blessed to say that I have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy.  That is a good thing!! 

Today I did my glucose test.  What happens, is that you have to fast the night before, then have 3 tubey things of blood drawn.  You drink this drink...that my dr. said was equal to the sugar in 10 poptarts...(I really don't know if it is, or if she was just "breaking down" for me...hahaha), then wait an hour & have more blood drawn.  You get a call back if your levels are too high.  I got a voicemail from the dr's office, but it was soooo vague.  Of course, when I got a chance to call back, which was 4:50pm, they had already switched their phones over to the answering service.  UGH..That drives me nuts! If you are open until 5, then keep your phones on the regular system UNTIL 5! (my latest rant!!)
 
I'm not going to lie, I totally had a bratty Kayla moment when I realized I missed their call. I mean a good old fashioned, foot stompin', whining, "my life is over" moment!  So, needless to say, I am extrememly anxious to hear from them tomorrow.

Since I've been able to calm down, and eventually quit being a b.r.a.t...I've been praying for peace.  I know that the Lord has plans...and if I have gestational diabetes, its not the end of the world & it certainly doesn't mean that our precious baby is going to be unhealthy...it just means that I have to take more time planning & taking a conscious effort of healthy eating. 

I can do this...I can do this....but until then, I'll be waiting by the phone for the nurse to call me back....

No comments:

Post a Comment